But today I found an effective solution that not only free (that magic word), it is also easy to install. And 'easy' is, of course, the other magic words that we all love.
First, I created a new blog on WordPress Harmedia.com - and it was as easy as falling magazine because I used FANTASTICO, which is built into the web hosting CPanel.
Just now I am finishing out of things with a few additional plugins. Includes reCAPTCHA, which is available free of charge. And, as I said, it is so easy to install.
Step 1. You download from recaptcha.net and unzip the file.
2. You downloaded the two. PHP-files to your Wordpress plugins folder.
3. Then you go to your Plugins page and activate the reCAPTCHA, clicking on it. (so-called public and private keys, and they are unique to this your site). That's all. You did.
WHY I LIKE reCAPTCHA
- It's free.
- It works.
- There are no pet around with copying the code into your blog template.
- No access to change. (Chmod isn't hard once you know what you're doing, but before you learn that befuddled many beginners, I would say.)
- A feel-good bonus is the fact that you are helping the Internet Archive to improve the accuracy of optical character recognition software.
How so? From the words shown directly from old books, which are currently being digitized. The words that OCR software can not be fed in captchas, and if multiple users, as you are me and make it the same way that the result is entered into the memory of OCR.
Thus, not only did not get your blog is being protected from spam bots, your comments help the old books to get the correct number.
Do you use captchas to protect your blog from comment spam yet? It's free and easy. What are you waiting for?
By the way, CAPTCHA stands for "completely automated public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart", although, ironically, in recaptcha.net site does not contain the word public in his explanation of the term. So .. that would make it CATCHA? - No P.